Authority of Lifeguards
- Lifeguards have full authority to clear the pool of all (or any) swimmers at any time.
Admittance of Children
- Children under 8 years old will be admitted to the pool grounds only when they are accompanied by a responsible person at least 16 years old.
- Children 8 through 12 will be admitted to the pool grounds unaccompanied by a responsible person only after the child has passed the Basic Swim Test.
- Children over 13 years old will be admitted to the pool grounds unaccompanied.
Baby Pool Use
- Use of the baby pool is limited to children 5 years old and under. Children who are not fully toilet- trained must wear diapers and snugly fitting protective pants. No diving or jumping is permitted in the baby pool. Children must be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult. Lifeguards are not responsible for the safety of those using the baby pool.
Middle Pool Use
- Use of the middle pool is limited to toilet trained children 2 years old and older. All children who have not passed the Basic Swim Test must be closely supervised by a responsible adult.
- For safety reasons, adults should limit to a reasonable number the children for whom they
Main Pool Use
- Children under 12 years old are permitted in the main pool unaccompanied by an adult after they have passed the Basic Swimming Test to the satisfaction of the lifeguard.
Basic Swimming Test
- Swim one length of the main pool, float for two minutes, and tread water for two minutes.
Diving Board Use
- Only one person at a time is allowed on the diving board. Diving is permitted only when the well is clear of swimmers and a lifeguard is present. Diving other than straight off the end of the board is prohibited.
Diving Well Use
- Swimming in the diving well is permitted only when the diving boards are closed and the well is under lifeguard supervision.
Diving and Jumping into the Pools
- Diving or jumping into the middle pool or into the shallow end of the main pool is not permitted. Diving and jumping from the sides and deep end of the main pool is limited to standing front dives and jumps.
General Use of the Pools
- All persons must obey the lifeguard at all times.
- Running, pushing, acrobatics, wrestling, dunking, splashing, raucousness, abusive language or other acts of disturbance are prohibited.
- Unauthorized inflatable water gear and flotation devices are not allowed in the main or middle pools. Swim fins are not allowed when the pool is crowded. Snorkels are not allowed at any time except by adult swimmers in the lap lanes.
- Bar bells and kick boards will be permitted in the middle and big pools at the discretion of the life guards. Thus, when the pool is not busy, these swim aids will be permitted.
- Talking to the lifeguards when they are on duty is prohibited, except to report a safety violation or an unsafe condition.
- All persons use the pool facilities at their own risk
- Children under 16 years of age must leave the pool when the lifeguard signals “Adult Swim.”
Children under Age 3
- Children under 3 years of age, wearing diapers and snugly fitting protective pants, are allowed in the middle and main pools during “Adult Swim” or at other times when there are 15 or fewer people in the main pool, or at the lifeguard’s discretion, if each such child is accompanied by one adult per child. During busy periods, the guard may require that only the middle pool be used by such children.
- Swimming during off hours or at any time when a lifeguard is not occupying the lifeguard stand is prohibited. (See also Trespass, below.)
- Chewing gum is not permitted on pool grounds.
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted on the pool grounds.
- No towels or chairs may be placed along the fence separating the baby pool from the middle pool.
- Ball playing in the water is permitted at the lifeguard’s discretion. No objects may be thrown over the lap lanes. Balls are not to be thrown over or in the water during adult swim. Balls which are so light as to be uncontrollable in a puff of light breeze may not be used, as they invariably end up in the lap lanes. Ball throwing is permitted in the picnic area.
Walking to Pool
- Children going to and from Walhonding Road will use the cleared path behind the wall and will stay off MacArthur Boulevard. Littering of the path is prohibited.
- Violations of any of the above rules may result in prosecution and /or termination or suspension of pool membership for up to three months.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the pool deck. Swimmers/bathers must wear a bathing suit or swimming trunks.
- Swimmers and bathers must take showers with soap before entering the pools.
- Use of any of the pools during an infectious illness is prohibited. In particular, individual with infections of the skin or eyes, with respiratory or gastrointestinal infections, wearing bandages, and with coughs or colds or other contamination risk are not to use the pools.
- Spitting, spouting of water and nose blowing in the pool are prohibited.
- All injuries occurring on the premises must be reported to the manager in charge of the pool.
- Members and guests should encourage their children to use the toilet facilities before entering the pool.
- Children who are not fully toilet trained must wear diapers and snugly fitting protective pants in the pool.
- Pets are prohibited on the pool grounds.
Weekdays: $5 each during weekdays (1 credit)
Weekends: $10 each during weekends (2 credits)
Members are required to purchase a guest credit for each non-member attending an event.
If you would like to check to see if your date and time are available, refer to our main calendar.
Parties of fewer than 10 guests: Are welcome anytime and don’t require notification to the Pool Manager unless you wish to request the upper pavilion (although discouraged during swim team practices).
Parties of 10 – 25 guests: All parties of more than 10 non-members must be scheduled in advance by submitting a request via this online form. Please make a request to the Pool Manager three weeks before the planned event. Due to demands on the pool these are subject to approval by the Pool Manager, and may require board approval, depending on the requested size/date/time. Requests at quieter times (weekday evenings, or in August for example) are generally easier to accommodate.
Parties of more than 25 guests: Are hard for the pool to accommodate at any time. Please make a request four weeks in advance. All requests require board approval.
The sponsor shall ensure that adequate adult-chaperone supervision is provided throughout the party. At least one adult must be present for every six children. It is the responsibility of the adult chaperones to inform the guests of the pool rules and to monitor the behavior of the party participants. Pool staff are on duty to ensure the safety of swimmers and to enforce pool rules. They are not expected to, and will not, perform party supervision functions. For non swimmers who have not passed the swim test, there must be an adult in the water with them one-on-one at all times.
Hosts may be asked to cover any additional lifeguard costs if the Pool Manager thinks the size of the party requires additional coverage.
A list of guests must be provided to the front desk before the party starts. Guest credits will be charged to cover the number of guests. Guests will be checked off the list as they arrive and added to your Membersplash account, which will apply the guest credit(s). If the host member does not have sufficient guest credits, they must have been purchased in advance of the party. At the end of the event, the member is required to check in with the front desk and pay for the outstanding guest passes which were needed for the party.
The member must fill out this form and ensure it’s pre -approved by pool management. Please allow 3 days for a response back from pool management to have your request recorded on the master calendar.
There are two pavilion areas which can be requested:
Mohican does not “reserve” the main pavilion area or grills for events and does not guarantee exclusive use. They are a community resource and all members are generally allowed access during normal operating hours. The form and master calendar are for planning purposes. They let the membership know what is planned so we can “stay out of each other’s way.” As a courtesy, the membership is asked to give events some space and event organizers are asked to accommodate would-be grillers.
The upper pavilion can be rented exclusively for an additional $100 fee. The area can accommodate a large party and there is shade as well as mosquito netting. Two picnic tables, two round tables with umbrellas and chairs make up the seating arrangements. Party lights are strung and can be plugged in for a festive air. Electricity outlets are available should you want to use devices or play music.
The party hosts must clean up after the party. Trash bags will be provided if needed. Please remember to take down any balloons that may have been tied to signs.
- Trespass or unauthorized use of the pool is prohibited; any unauthorized use or breaking and entering violation by a member of a pool family will be regarded as a flagrant violation of this rule, subject to suspension of family membership for up to three months or to expulsion from membership.
- The cost of any property damage will be charged to the member responsible.
- Intoxicated persons on the grounds are strictly prohibited.
- Eating, drinking, or smoking is prohibited on the main pool deck. Picnic items, food and coolers must be kept in the back area by the pavilion or baby pool areas.
- Trash cans must be used for all debris.
- The office telephone is for pool business only. Use the free telephone on the wall near the bath house.
- Climbing or jumping over fences around the pool is prohibited.
- Radios and other sound producing devices may be played on the pool deck only with the use of earphones.
- Hanging or sitting on pool lane ropes (lane markers) is prohibited.
- Drivers must drive slowly and carefully on pool property. Park front-end in only without blocking the sidewalk or stairs. Blowing automobile horns to summon children is prohibited.
- All bicycle riders will use the bike rack, ride carefully and pay special attention to moving vehicles.
- The Association is not responsible for loss or damage to personal belongings, bicycles or automobiles on the pool grounds.
PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF RULES
- Violators of these rules will be requested to leave the pool grounds, or other appropriate disciplinary action, including termination or suspension of membership, may be taken.